These psychological techniques will simplify life and help you cope with stressful situations.
- One’s gaze tends to be drawn towards the person they find attractive or feel close to when in a group where multiple people are laughing.
- Chewing gum can help calm nerves and provide a sense of safety when facing a stressful task.
- Remaining calm when someone is yelling at you can lead to the person feeling guilty for their behavior after the interaction.
- Rather than asking for a repeat answer, maintaining eye contact can prompt the person to continue the conversation.
- Smiling widely can actually prompt a genuine feeling of happiness.
- Avoid starting sentences with “I think” or “I believe” to project more confidence and certainty.
- Imagining an interviewer as a long-time friend before an important interview can alleviate anxiety.
- Expressing more joy during greetings can lead to genuine happiness upon seeing someone.
- People tend to give less after previously denying more.
- Viewing a stressful situation as a challenge can decrease the negative effects of stress.
- Confidence in one’s actions can be perceived as understanding and attract people towards you.
- Placing a mirror behind oneself when working with customers can encourage more polite behavior.
- Sitting next to someone who is expected to be harsh in a meeting can soften their demeanor towards you.
- A first date in a place that fosters positive emotions can create a positive association with the person.
- Eye contact during introductions can increase the likelihood of mutual attraction.
Try it and see for yourself how these tricks work!