The Dukan Diet is a nutritional program that not only aids in shedding excess weight, but also assists in maintaining a healthy weight range. To follow this diet, there are four distinct phases to progress through.
The first phase, called the Attack phase, is the most challenging and lasts up to a week and a half. It involves consuming eggs, lean meat, offal, fish, seafood, and low-fat dairy products. Small amounts of lemon, herbal spices, salt, onion, and garlic can be added.
The second phase is called the Cruise phase and lasts for around two months or more. During this phase, vegetables are introduced into the diet and protein days are alternated with vegetable days. Vegetables such as zucchini, pumpkin, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, greens, and radishes can be included, while beets and carrots should be limited and legumes and potatoes should be avoided.
The third phase, Consolidation, takes longer depending on how much weight has been lost. For every kilogram lost, ten days are allotted. Therefore, if ten kilograms were lost, the phase will last 100 days. The diet is supplemented with whole grain bread, fruits, and small amounts of pork, hard cheese, pasta, rice, and corn a couple of times a week.
The fourth phase, Stabilization, can be followed indefinitely. During this phase, various healthy foods can be consumed, up to one and a half liters of water can be consumed per day, and exercise should be incorporated.
Here are some recipe options for the different phases of the diet:
For the first meal, some filling soup options include:
- Meatball soup made with chicken fillet, onion, and fresh herbs
- Soup Tom Yum with white fish fillet, ginger, shrimp, and basil
- Salmon soup with herbal seasoning, salt, pepper, and a boiled egg
- Chicken and egg soup with dill
- Vegetable soup with green beans, zucchini, pumpkin, and herbs
- Mushroom soup with chanterelles, carrots, onions, and potatoes
For main courses, there are a variety of options to try, such as:
- Omelet with smoked salmon, eggs, dill, green onions, and natural yogurt
- Chicken breast with rosemary and lemon
- Vegetable stew with eggplant, zucchini, sweet pepper, garlic, tomato, and Provence herbs
- Chicken muffins with onion, low-fat cheese, and an egg
- Liver roll with chicken liver, onion, eggs, and cottage cheese
- Chicken fillet rolls with soft cheese, garlic, green onion, and herbs
- Braised fish with carrots, salt, and herbs
For dessert, some simple options include:
- Fruit salad with kiwis, tangerines, apple, mango, and orange juice
- Curd and berry dessert made with cottage cheese, yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries
The menu offers a range of options to help maintain a varied and satisfying diet while following the Dukan Diet.